The ZX10R Masters Cup was first established in 2007. It is a motorcycle circuit racing series in which all competitors race against each other using standard Kawasaki ZX10R motorcycles and controlled Bridgestone tyres. The ZX10 Masters Cup is one of the largest and most successful motorcycle circuit racing categories in South Africa today, forming part of the Extreme Festival which is classed as a Interprovincial Challenge, with riders from provinces throughout South Africa. Anyone who is 35 years of age or older is welcome to join the club. The racers are divided into three age categories:
- Masters, 35 to 39 years of age on 1 st of January
- Veterans, 40 to 50 years of age on 1 st of January
- Xtreme veterans, 51 years of age on up before 1 st of January
The categories allow the racers to compete against other racers of the same age as well as for a combined championship. There are 9 races held throughout the year at 7 different racetracks:
- Killarney Racetrack, Cape Town
- Aldo Scribante Racetrack, Port Elizabeth
- East London Grand Prix, East London
- Zwartkops Raceway, Pretoria
- Kyalami, Johannesburg
- Red Star Raceway, Delmas
- Phakisa Raceway, Free State
The main objectives is to provide the marketing partners/investors with a wide spectrum of marketing channels that can be aligned with their company’s marketing strategy for maximum exposure. The members of the ZX10 Masters Cup would like to thank all of the Club’s sponsors, our gratitude cannot be emphasized enough. With such wonderful, long-standing sponsors, the members can focus on what is important, drawing as much attention as possible where ever they go and putting the names of the sponsors out there!
ZX10 Masters Cup will provide the following advertising opportunities for their sponsors and the sponsors of individual riders in 2023:
- Brand awareness
- Launch new products
- Entertainment of VIP guests within an exciting, fun and memorable environment
- Corporate hospitality
- National TV race exposure
- Onsite promotions
- Branding/logo’s displayed
- Track photography
- Local magazine features, newspapers and various internet publications
Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 and newer.
Sealed stock motor.
Standard shocks with minor changes allowed like oil, springs.
Endcan, rear sets, after market levers, sprockets and 520 chain allowed.
The Club has a constitution which has been approved by MSA and it’s purpose is to provide guide lines as to the running of the cup, the general rules for each member in terms of sportsmanship, the upkeep of the good name of the cup and it’s sponsors and the well being of the series.
See the full constitution HERE